[AUCTeX] Adding custom "make" command to TeX-command-list

From: J . Burton
Subject: [AUCTeX] Adding custom "make" command to TeX-command-list
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 15:17:40 +0100

Hi, I want to add a command to TeX-command-list that will do a dumb
version of the usual LaTeX make thing, calling latex/pdflatex twice,
then bibtex, then latex/pdflatex again. The problem is that
TeX-command creates an asynchronous process and I can't work out how
to wait for it. I started with this:

(add-to-list  'TeX-command-list ("make" "" jb/TeX-make nil t))

(defun jb/TeX-make (cmd cmdstr file)
  (progn
    (TeX-command "LaTeX" 'TeX-master-file)
    (TeX-command "LaTeX" 'TeX-master-file)
    (TeX-command "BibTeX" 'TeX-master-file)
    (TeX-command "LaTeX" 'TeX-master-file)))

where I want to run the TeX-commands in sequence. I tried various ways
of attaching a sentinel to the process returned by each call of
TeX-command then using accept-process-output to wait, but that
function returns whenever it receives some input, so I don't get the
chance to wait til the process is ended -- how is that done?

I could call an external script with TeX-run-command but I thought it
would be nicer to do it emacs...has someone already done this? Thanks,

Jim