Re: [AUCTeX] Modify LaTeX-math-list without restarting emacs?

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Modify LaTeX-math-list without restarting emacs?
Date: Mon, 31 May 2010 21:37:12 +0200

* micheal S. (2010-05-30) writes:

> On Sun, May 30, 2010 at 3:48 PM, Ralf Angeli <address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>> I would not really recommend this, but did you try `unload-feature'?
>
> Hm. No I didn't, but let's try it:
>
> If I do the following, it works!
>
> 1) Change LaTeX-math-list in my .emacs
> 2) run eval-buffer on my .emacs file

Typing `C-x C-e' with point behind the closing parenthesis of the `setq'
call should suffice.

> 3) go to my latex- buffer and do eval-expression (unload-feature
> 'tex-site t)   (it only works if I force it, because of dependencies)

I would have tried to unload `latex', not `tex-site'.  Why `tex-site'
anyway?  Do you still have `(require 'tex-site)' in your init file?

> 4) M-x load-library auctex.el
> 5) M-x latex-mode
>
> Why would you not really recommend this?

Just a hunch.  I don't know if `unload-feature' is really able to get
rid of all things the respective feature introduced.  Restarting Emacs
is the way to be sure.