[AUCTeX] Re: Include subdirectories in Reftex's completion

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: [AUCTeX] Re: Include subdirectories in Reftex's completion
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2010 20:54:10 +0200

* Mathias Lindner (2010-10-09) writes:

> Ralf Angeli <angeli <at> caeruleus.net> writes:
>
>> Perhaps there should be a prompt which asks the user how she wants to
>> specify the file?  One option would be the current way (i.e. with
>> completion) and the other one a manual specification (like with `C-x
>> C-f').
>
> Very nice idea. That would be more than sufficient (for me). I know where to
> search for the files - I am only too lazy to re-type those long file names or
> can not completely remember the exact name...
> Maybe there could be a switch in the config file to choose the standard way of
> file selection. Then the user doesn't have to be asked every time. Would be a
> little more comfortable.

Something like this is now available in CVS.  The new user option is
called `TeX-arg-input-file-search'.  The default behavior did not
change.  But you can activate the possibility to manually specify the
file which also inserts the relative path to the file.  And there is a
setting which always asks for the way to specify the file.

I'd like to remove the misfeature that files below the current directory
are offered for completion in the default case because this leads to the
problems Mathias had (i.e. the name of a file from a directory which TeX
does not check is inserted without a path component).  Would anybody
miss that?