[AUCTeX] Re: redefining PDF viewer

From: Marcus Frings
Subject: [AUCTeX] Re: redefining PDF viewer
Date: Mon, 08 Nov 2010 10:54:04 +0100

* Luis Finotti <address@hidden> wrote:

> I'm trying to change the default PDF viewer from xpdf to okular.  I've
> googled, looked at the manual, but nothing seems to work.

;; New method introduced in AUCTeX 11.86:
(setq TeX-view-program-list '(("Okular" "okular %o")))
(setq TeX-view-program-selection '((output-pdf "Okular")))

> Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?  Any suggestions would be
> greatly appreciated.

See:
http://www.gnu.org/software/auctex/manual/auctex/Changes.html
http://www.gnu.org/software/auctex/manual/auctex/Starting-Viewers.html#Starting-Viewers

> P.S.: What I am actually trying to do is use Forward/Inverse search.
> It is now working with DVI for some reason and I could not get it to
> work with xpdf...

This works for me:

http://inthearmchair.wordpress.com/2010/09/02/latex-inverse-pdf-search-with-emacs/

Regards,
Marcus
--
"Tracer cartridges are used for target indication, fire adjustment, signal
purposes and destroying personnel. Tracer bullets can ignite. The path of the