Re: [AUCTeX] Re: Unfillable paragraph with AUCTeX 11.86

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Re: Unfillable paragraph with AUCTeX 11.86
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2010 22:37:20 +0100

* Ralf Angeli (2010-11-21) writes:

> At the moment I'm not sure yet how to fix this.  Perhaps putting the
> syntax property on the characters after the opening and before the
> closing brace would help.  But I'll have to check if this is the right
> thing to do.

Attached is a patch that does this.  Just in case you want to test it.

But I am not yet convinced this is the right thing to do because it will
mess with the syntax of characters between the braces.  For instance, in
your example the closing brace of "transform()" will lose its original
syntax class and something like Show Paren mode will get confused if you
put point on the opening brace.  Another drawback is that single chars
(things like \lstinline{x}) will not be highlighted correctly.

Another option one could test in order to fix this bug is to stop
treating the braces of the verbatim macros as braces (i.e. accept that
they now have a different syntax) and rather handle it like \verb|...|
(for which there is actually no support yet).

Other suggestions appreciated.

By the way, it could be that some of the problems go away if you keep
the stuff for the optional argument of `lstlisting' on the line with the
\begin macro.

This is now getting a bit technical, so I'm setting a follow-up to
auctex-devel.