Re: [AUCTeX] match $ signs deactivation

From: Ralf Hemmecke
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] match $ signs deactivation
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2010 21:58:42 +0100

I use statweave to work with latex and R (statistical program) I also
have MMMmode on. Everything works but the following. In R when I call
the variable  "Y" that is in the data set "X" I can call it through the
command X$Y . As you see this $ sign will never be matched and
font-lock is having problems with this.

If you didn't use MMM mode I'd say, add the environment enclosing the R
code to `LaTeX-verbatim-environments'.  But with MMM mode, I'm not sure.
Doesn't MMM mode take care of keeping syntax tables and font locking
separate in the different parts of the document?

Ooops. Sounds like someone has fixed this bug?
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/auctex-devel/2010-05/msg00005.html
http://sites.google.com/site/hemmecke/emacs-auctex-verbatim-bug