[AUCTeX] How to tell auctex where LaTeX is?

From: Dave Cook
Subject: [AUCTeX] How to tell auctex where LaTeX is?
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2011 14:38:37 +0000 (GMT Standard Time)

Hello,

In trying to mke my self hardware-portable as well as software portable, I have installed emacs, auctex and a LaTeX distribution (MikTex) on a Windows-readable HDD which I can carry round with me. It works OK but (knowing no elisp and not wishing to know much!) I don't know how to tell auctex where the LaTeX commands are by modifying the drop-down "command" menu so making the flow of work un-necessarily laborious.

Can anyone help? emacs, auctex and MikTex are all on the same disc - G: say.

Dave

Dr. David B Cook