Re: [AUCTeX] output buffer functioning as help buffer?

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] output buffer functioning as help buffer?
Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2011 23:06:28 +0100

* Joost Kremers (2011-01-28) writes:

> quite often, emacs commands that produce some output that's meant for
> temporary viewing in a window that can be dismissed again by simply
> typing 'q' (if the relevant window is active, of course). help
> commands do this, and there is even a special macro for it:
> with-help-window.
>
> is it possible to make the AUCTeX output buffer function in a similar
> way? there are cases where i want to inspect the output of some
> command but after viewing the output, i'd like my previous window
> configuration back.
[...]
> if it's not possible to make the output buffer behave this way, could
> i submit this as a feature request?

This is not possible at the moment because one has to be able to insert
something in the output buffer when TeX is run interactively.

In general, though, I think it would be a good for the output buffer to
be more easily dismissable (especially when it is shown through `C-c
C-l').  But I haven't had the time to think about how such a feature
could be supported.