Re: [AUCTeX] Re: Automatically run LaTeX/BibTeX as required

From: Jaap Eldering
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Re: Automatically run LaTeX/BibTeX as required
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2011 13:58:49 +0100

On Thu, Feb 17, 2011 at 12:30:10PM +0000, TN wrote:
> Hello Jaap,
> You wrote:
> > Thanks, that indeed looks like the thing I'd want. I'm going to give
> > it a try! Is there a way to inhibit the final view command?
>
> I fixed this. Does tex-texify now fully meet your requirements or did you have
> something else in your mind with "inhibit the final view command"?

Yes, thanks, this was exactly what I had in mind. I'm using your fixed
version now (with TeX-texify-Show = nil) and it's working fine.

Just one minor remark: if the output file is uptodate, C-c C-a does
nothing (as expected), but that may be confused for that it is not
working, so maybe a message a la "TeX-texfiy: nothing to be done."
would be informative.

I think it would also be nice if this could be integrated into AUCTeX.

Thanks for your work!

Jaap