[AUCTeX] Re: Customizing pdfLaTeX for a particular file with AUCTeX (ori

From: Marcus Frings
Subject: [AUCTeX] Re: Customizing pdfLaTeX for a particular file with AUCTeX (original question posted to tex.sx)
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2011 10:46:07 +0100

* Faheem Mitha <address@hidden> wrote:

> 1) Do you have any idea what is causing this? Is there any clearly
> identifiable patch in upstream for this issue? Is it reproducible in
> vanilla 11.86?

Unfortunately, I don't know what is causing this issue. The changelog
from 11.86-1 to 11.86-2 in Davide's package doesn't give any hint. The
mentioned changes don't seem to be related to this. I only know that
the bug is not present in Debian's 11.86-1 which I use since September
because Davide is just not taking care of this bug. :-(

> 2) Do you know whether

> %%% Local Variables:
> %%% LaTeX-command: "latex -shell-escape"
> %%% End:

> is necessary or will just

> %%% LaTeX-command: "latex -shell-escape"

> work?

As far as I know local variables in the .tex file should be declared in
the style which I used. I took it from the manual:

http://www.gnu.org/software/auctex/manual/auctex/Parsing-Files.html

Since Debian's AUCTeX is not really actively maintained (for years), I
seriously consider to switch to plain AUCTeX + preview-latex if I find
out how to get it installed and run.

Best regards,
Marcus
--
"Fear of ghosts is forcing me apart
And the further I get from the things that I care about