Re: [AUCTeX] Strange icon in toolbar

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Strange icon in toolbar
Date: Fri, 27 May 2011 22:01:53 +0200

* Andrej Kastrin (2011-05-15) writes:

> I compiled the recent AUCTeX (11.86) with GNU Emacs 23 on Mac OS
> X. Everything works perfect, except annoying strange icon in
> toolbar. The screenshot of the toolbar (icon circled in red) is
> available at the URL:
>
>   http://dl.dropbox.com/u/540963/auctex_toolbar.png
>
> I suppose this is a separator between file management icons (open
> file, save file, cut, paste) and (pdf)latex, bibtex, and preview
> icons. But isn't this separator a bit too wide? I also check this
> behavior on my Linux machine, where this icon is around 1px wide.

I haven't looked at the screenshot, but if it is the separator, then
this is indeed an image which is one pixel wide.  The toolkit used on
Mac OS X might have problems displaying that without reserving as much
space as for other buttons.  IIRC there was a similar problem with
another toolkit (maybe GTK?) at one time.  Anyway, I don't really know
which program is at fault here, but if this is very annoying for you,
you can get rid of the separator by customizing `TeX-bar-LaTeX-buttons'
as a workaround.