Re: [AUCTeX] Beamer | C-c = the TOC buffer is returning frame numbers

From: Sivaram Neelakantan
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Beamer | C-c = the TOC buffer is returning frame numbers
Date: Tue, 06 Sep 2011 21:02:42 +0530

On Tue, Sep 06 2011,spinner  wrote:

> FOLLOW UP:
>
> I've done some testing and observe that C-c = on my Beamer documents (Beamer
> document class) produces the same kind of TOC buffer as in common LaTeX
> documents with sections, subsections, and so on until I apply style hooks
> C-c C-n on the document. After I apply style hooks, the TOC buffer
> presentation format changes to a listing of frame numbers (1,2,3, and so
> on).
>
> If I close the file and reopen, before applying style hooks, I can get the
> TOC buffer that I want. I prefer to generate the kind of TOC buffer with
> sections at all times in my Beamer documents. Is there anyway to alter this
> TOC buffer behavior on Beamer documents?

[snipped 14 lines]

The reftex documentation has this?  Is it what you're looking for?

Controlling what gets displayed

`t'
     Change the maximum level of toc entries displayed in the `*toc*'
     buffer.  Without prefix arg, all levels will be included.  With
     prefix arg (e.g `3 t'), ignore all toc entries with level greater
     than ARG (3 in this case).  Chapters are level 1, sections are
     level 2.  The mode line `T<>' indicator shows the current value.
     The default depth can be configured with the variable
     `reftex-toc-max-level'.

 sivaram