Re: [AUCTeX] reftex-label-alist for ctable package

From: Michael Bach
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] reftex-label-alist for ctable package
Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2012 22:28:02 +0200

>>> But anyway, I don't really see why it wouldn't work after applying >>> the patch. Did you restart emacs? If not, you need at least to
>>> do
>>>    M-: (reftex-compile-variables) RET

This is good to know. I did restart emacs. E.g. reftex-label-alist-builtin correctly shows me the ctable and minted bits.

Maybe you have load-path-shadows, so emacs always loads the
non-patched reftex files?  (See M-x list-load-path-shadows RET)

Nope, the only thing that is shadowed in my old emacs is the bundled org-mode and babel. On the fresh 24.1 there are no shadowings.

Another guess: you patched the el files but did not byte-compile them so
that emacs still uses the elc files of the original sources.

Nope, that's one thing that I learned the hard way and will always remember (see also my last post on 27th).

Anyway, I tried it again today on my home box with the exact recipe from my previous post - still no luck. Maybe someone is willing to help and could also test this patch?

Best Regards,
Michael