[AUCTeX] How to display progress of makefile compilation via C-c C-l whe

From: Hofert Jan Marius
Subject: [AUCTeX] How to display progress of makefile compilation via C-c C-l when makefile is called via C-c C-x?
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2012 15:31:25 +0000

Hi,

If I have a larger LaTeX project to compile, I typically use a Makefile. With
"C-c C-c make" I can compile the project and with "C-c C-l" I can view the
(last line of the) output (for monitoring). However, I cannot specify specific
arguments to make (unless I specifically define these calls in ~/.emacs). In
contrast, "C-c C-x" runs "compile" and I can specify arguments to make, such as
"make distclean" for example. However, when I run the Makefile via "C-c C-x",
then "C-c C-l" gives me "No process for this document", so monitoring the
output of make is not easily possible anymore (of course, one can change to
the output buffer and jump downwards, but that's comparably tedious).

Is it possible to have "C-c C-l" work for "C-c C-x" as it does for "C-c C-c
make"?

Cheers,

Marius

PS: This is on Ubuntu 12.04, with Emacs 24 and AUCTeX 11.86.