[AUCTeX] TeX-fold problem

From: Joost Kremers
Subject: [AUCTeX] TeX-fold problem
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2012 15:48:37 +0100

Hi all,

I'm experiencing an inconsistency with TeX-fold-mode in paragraphs that
are only visually wrapped. When the cursor is at the beginning of a
folded area and I hit C-n or <down> (i.e., the cursor down key), the
cursor moves *up* by an unpredictable number of lines, instead of moving
to the next (visual) line. Similarly, if I hit C-p or <up>, the cursor
does not move to the previous visual line, it jumps to the beginning of
the paragraph.

I get the effect with any folded area, but it goes away when I fill the
paragraph with M-q. It only occurs when a paragraph is displayed with
continuation lines or in visual-line-mode (which is what I'm actually

I'd like to file a bug report about this issue, but I'm not sure where
to do so. Is this an issue related to AUCTeX, or should I rather report
in as an Emacs bug?

I'm running Emacs (a snapshot release), BTW, though the
problem also occurs in the latest released version.

Joost Kremers
Life has its moments