Re: [AUCTeX] Active beamer.elc in LaTeX-files without \documentclass-sta

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Active beamer.elc in LaTeX-files without \documentclass-statement
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2012 16:47:32 +0100

Julien Cubizolles <address@hidden> writes:

>> I apologize for my ignorance but how can I activate "beamer.el/beamer.elc"
>> (i.e., C-c C-e should offer a "frame" option) for LaTeX-files that do
>> not have a
>> "\documentclass"-statement but are included via \include or \input?

I'm not sure, but I think if your master file has a \documentclass or
\usepackage{beamer}, then the style should be active also in the
\include or \input "slave" buffers.

> In a similar topic, I know there is a key (C-c something) in
> latex-mode to "reload" everything. That's how I used to get the beamer
> specific environments commands in auctex but unfortunately I forgot
> its name. What is itĀ ?

Probably you mean this.

,----
| C-c C-n runs the command TeX-normal-mode, which is an interactive compiled
Lisp

`----

> I also have a similar problem, I wrote a personal class based on beamer. It's
> loaded through
> \documentclass{mpsi_beamer}
> How can I tell auctex to load beamer support at startup for these
> filesĀ ?

You can put custom style lisp files into

  ~/.emacs.d/auctex/style/

or any other directory in `TeX-style-path'.  So you could create a

  ~/.emacs.d/auctex/style/mpsi_beamer.el

with contents just

  (load "/usr/local/var/auctex/beamer")

Of course, you need to adapt the path to wherever you've installed
auctex to.

Bye,
Tassilo