Re: [AUCTeX] Ignoring some non reference labels

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Ignoring some non reference labels
Date: Tue, 21 May 2013 00:07:11 +0200

Julien Cubizolles <address@hidden> writes:

>>> Ok, in emacs bzr I added a new defcustom:
>>>
>>> ,----[ C-h v reftex-label-ignored-macros-and-environments RET ]
>>
>>> So add "node" and "shape" (and "axis" from the other example) to that
>>> variable, and keyval style label=foo are ignored for these macros and
>>> environments.
>
> I just tested it from gzr emacs, thanks a lot, it's very useful. I
> thought of an improvement. At the moment, one needs to specify in
> reftex-label-ignored-macros-and-environments every possible
> sub-environment of a tikzpicture environment. Since the
> LaTeX-current-environment can check for outer environments,
> reftex-parse-from-file could go up nested environments until it finds
> one of the reftex-label-ignored-macros-and-environments keys or the
> environment is "document" ? What do you think.

Yes, I've thought about that as well, but there are two reasons I didn't
do it that way.  First, multiple backward searches reaching up to the
beginning of the document might be slow for large LaTeX documents, and
second, I'm not sure that there are no things like

  \begin{foo}[label=ding]
    \begin{bar}[label=dong]
    \end{bar}
  \end{foo}

where "ding" is no reftex label but "dong" is.

Bye,
Tassilo