Re: [AUCTeX] autocomplete only for Latex commands/keywords?

From: Jannis
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] autocomplete only for Latex commands/keywords?
Date: Fri, 24 May 2013 16:33:38 +0200

On 24.05.2013 15:50, Mosè Giordano wrote:
Hi Jannis,

2013/5/24 Jannis <address@hidden>:
Hi Auctex users,

is there any way to activate aome sort of autocompletion feature for all
Latex commands but not for the normal text?

There seems to be some sort of autocompletion when I hit

C-c C-m

but it only seems to offer very limited (e.g. \includefigure is not offered)
and it will not give any environment suggestions when I type \begin{...

Predictive mode seems to quiet comfortable, but is there a way to switch it
off for normal text?

It's explained in the very first lines of AUCTeX manual, you should
check it out: add the following lines to your initialization file
   (setq TeX-auto-save t)
   (setq TeX-parse-self t)
   (setq-default TeX-master nil)
In this way you'll have autocompletion for macros with C-c C-m and for
environments with C-c C-e.

Bye,
Mosè

Thanks, Mose, for your reply. I already found this command. I was, however, surprised that i could not autocomplete avery command like \linespread \includefigure ....

May be these are defined by add-on packages?

Cheers
jannis