Re: [AUCTeX] LaTeX-equation-label with file-dependent prefix

From: Shan
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] LaTeX-equation-label with file-dependent prefix
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2013 11:40:03 -0500

Hi Tassilo,

I did compile from the git source. It seems that the problem is from another local variable: TeX-master. In my case, without the master file, the label did change as expected. Otherwise, auctex won't give a prefix. It simply ask user input without any suggestion.

In addition to that, is it possible for auctex (reftex) to suggest an equation number as the old simple equation label? In other words, the auctex will suggest test:eq:1 instead of test:eq: in the test.tex file.

Thanks a lot!

On Fri, Jun 7, 2013 at 11:16 AM, Tassilo Horn <address@hidden> wrote:
Shan <address@hidden> writes:

Hi!

> Thanks again for your help. The value of LaTeX-equation-label is set
> correctly in the file.  However, when I use the C-c C-e to add an
> equation, it suggest nothing but "(optional) what label:". Is it
> because my .emacs file?  But I didn't see anything related. My auctex
> is compiled from the source yesterday.

What sources?  The current master branch from Git or some release?  (But
I think that should work also with at least 11.87.)

> What should I do next?

You could try with the Git version.

  $ git clone git://git.savannah.gnu.org/auctex.git
  $ cd auctex
  $ ./autogen.sh
  $ ./configure
  $ make          # no need to "make install"

And then in your .emacs:

(add-to-list 'load-path "/path/to/auctex/")
(load "auctex.el" nil t t)
(add-to-list 'load-path "/path/to/auctex/preview/")
(load "preview-latex.el" nil t t)
(setq TeX-data-directory "/path/to/auctex/")
(add-to-list 'Info-directory-list "/path/to/auctex/doc")

Tassilo

--

Best,
Shan