[AUCTeX] Turn compilation-in-progress into a proper minor mode?

From: Oleh
Subject: [AUCTeX] Turn compilation-in-progress into a proper minor mode?
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2013 10:35:09 +0200

Hi all,

Current behavior is out of date:

(length minor-mode-alist)
=> 68
(count-if-not (lambda (x) (functionp (car x)))
              minor-mode-alist)
=> 7

And compilation-in-progress is one of them.  The point is that if it's
not a function, it's impossible to turn it off with M-x or with mouse
from the modeline.  Only with (setq compilation-in-progress).

I could write up a patch to make the change.  I just wanted to ask if
there's a reason that things are this way and the change can't be
made.

regards,
Oleh