Re: [AUCTeX] How to fold #+ORGTBL: lines

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] How to fold #+ORGTBL: lines
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2014 19:52:24 +0100

Joost Kremers <address@hidden> writes:

Hi Joost,

>> first of all, I don't use folding so I'm no expert there.
>
> Why not? It's great.

I simply use `outline-minor-mode' and never had the need for anything
more.

> There is one (small) disadvantage to this, so while we're on the
> subject, I might as well make a feature request regarding
> TeX-fold-mode: the problem is that although you can disable folding in
> comments that start with %, it's not possible to disable folding
> inside comment environments (either \begin{comment}...\end{comment} or
> user-defined comment environments). Would it be possible to add that
> option?

That should be possible with not too much effort.  You can check if
you're in a comment environment using `LaTeX-current-environment'.
Patches welcome. :-)

> Also, it'd be nice to have the option to disable folding in the
> preamble (or even make that the default).

Again, that should be doable using `LaTeX-current-environment', i.e., if
you're in an environment, you're not in the preamble.  But that may only
be used with LaTeX documents, not with plain TeX documents where there
are no environments at all.

Bye,
Tassilo