Re: [AUCTeX] preview vs beamer

From: giacomo . boffi
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] preview vs beamer
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2014 00:57:06 +0100

Tassilo Horn <address@hidden> writes:

> address@hidden writes:
>
> Hi Giacomo,
>
>> while I can load preview.sty in a document formatted according to the
>> "article" class, when I try to load it in a document formatted
>> according to the "beamer" class something weird happens as soon as the
>> tex engine tries to produce a page
>>

>> | ! Undefined control sequence.
>> | address@hidden@Output address@hidden@Shipout
>> |                                                   \box address@hidden
>> | l.5 \end{document}
>> |
>> | ?
>> to which I reply
>> | OK, entering \batchmode
>> |
>> and a zero lenght pippo.pdf file is produced
>
> I can reproduce that but I don't know how to fix it. :-(

Ciao Tassilo, thank you for confirming the issue

i have to add that preview-mode, the elisp package, works inside a
XEmacs buffer with a beamer document, as long as i don't
\usepackage{preview} in my preamble... (OTOH, if i don't load
preview.sty, preview-mode makes a mess trying to render frames,etc)

as preview-mode works, there is a way to have pdflatex load
preview.sty w/o going south, isn't it?