Re: [AUCTeX] Remove Biber from TeX-command-list

From: Joost Kremers
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Remove Biber from TeX-command-list
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2014 14:42:52 +0300

On Thu, Apr 17 2014, Nicolas Richard <address@hidden> wrote:
> Tassilo Horn <address@hidden> writes:
>> (setq TeX-command-list
>>       (remove '("Biber" "biber %s" TeX-run-Biber nil t :help "Run Biber")
>>               TeX-command-list))
>
> alternatively:
>
> (assq-delete-all
>  (car (assoc "Biber" TeX-command-list))
>  TeX-command-list)
>
> which can be easily changed for deleting other unwanted entries.

And it has the additional advantage that if the entry fro Biber in
TeX-command-list should change in a newer version of AUCTeX, it still
works.

Both methods have the disadvantage that AUCTeX needs to be loaded before
they can be applied. One way around this is to use the Customize
interface, but that also has the disadvantage that future changes to
TeX-command-list are not activated in your setup. (I ran into this issue
when I wanted to use Biber. Turned out I had a very old customisation of
TeX-command-list...)

So I guess eval-after-load is the best method:

(eval-after-load 'tex
  '(progn

--
Joost Kremers