Re: [AUCTeX] bug with isodate package parsing?

From: Mosè Giordano
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] bug with isodate package parsing?
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2014 23:43:26 +0200

Hi Jaap,

> Hi all,
>
> When I open the attached LaTeX file in AUCTeX, and then try to type "--"
> for an en-dash, it gets automatically transformed into "=. I feel that
> this is a bug, but I'm not sure. If I remove the line
>
> \usepackage[UKenglish]{isodate}
>
> from my TeX file, I get a literal -- as I'd expect.
>
> I'm using AUCTeX version 11.87-1ubuntu2 on Ubuntu 14.04.1 LTS.
>
> Please let me know if there are any more detailed configuration settings
> or debug logs that I can provide.

I cannot reproduce the bug, but I suspect this is due to babel-related
settings, see
https://gnu.org/software/auctex/manual/auctex.html#Style-Files-for-Different-Languages
This happens because until version 11.87, AUCTeX mixes up options of
different packages, so the line
    \usepackage[UKenglish]{isodate}
triggers the loading of UKenglish babel settings in AUCTeX.  This
won't be anymore the case in the next version of our package  ;-)

Bye,
Mosè