Re: [AUCTeX] Is it possible to use the buffer-file-name in a local varia

From: Denis Bitouzé
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Is it possible to use the buffer-file-name in a local variable ?
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2015 19:48:22 +0100

Le 05/02/15 à 17h52, Nicolas Richard <address@hidden> a écrit :

>>> I deprecated \includeonly in favor of TeX-command-region, and I now do
>>> collaborative editing through auto-synchronisation of files (owncloud,
>>> dropbox) instead of sending files around. So I'm now a happy
>>> one-file-does-it-all kind of LaTeX user.
>>
>> Even big one-files?
>
> Size doesn't matter when using TeX-command-region. I'm working on a
> 400kB beamer file right now, and it's doing pretty well.

OK.

BTW, is it possible to ask for another name for the output file than
`_region_'? In particular, is it possible for this name to be the
evaluation of (file-name-base buffer-file-name), possibly copied in
antother directory? Maybe Latexmk could be helpful for this.

>>> The main advantage for me is ease of searching and refactoring. I know
>>> that auctex and friends have tools for working on multi-file documents,
>>> but my muscle memory keeps making me press C-s, C-M-%, M-s o etc.
>>
>> My muscle memory keeps making me press C-c C-c instead of C-c C-b
>> (`TeX-command-buffer`) and I often recompile the whole document instead
>> of only the current buffer :(
>
> It happens to me too, but then I notice it, hit C-c C-k and C-c C-b
> again because I know these bindings.

I guess all the references, citations, etc. have then to be
recomputed...

> The reftex-*-document commands don't even have bindings afaics. Thanks
> to this discussion, I had a look into the manual: (info "(reftex) Key
> Bindings"). Maybe I'll do that and use them.

I don't see your point.
--
Denis