Re: [AUCTeX] Wired question about auctex in cygwin

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Wired question about auctex in cygwin
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2015 17:05:24 +0200

X <address@hidden> writes:

> Problem Solved! My mistake.
>
> I modularised my init.el and separated the LaTeX settings to latex.el,
> which conflict with the latex.el in auctex.

Well, you can use file names that are equal to files in emacs or any
other package.  But you shouldn't put your config directory on the
load-path because then you risk shadowing.  So load your split configs
explicitly, e.g., using

  (load-file "~/.emacs.d/my-settings/latex.el") ;; AUCTeX stuff

> Sorry for the spam.

No problem.  I'm glad that it hasn't been our fault. :-)

Bye,
Tassilo