Re: [AUCTeX] Automatic \item with C-c C-e

From: Mosè Giordano
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Automatic \item with C-c C-e
Date: Mon, 8 Jun 2015 18:43:46 +0200

Hi Delia,

> Hi there,
>
> I've written a customized list environment.  I would like it to automatically
> offer "\item" when I call it with C-c C-e, the way it works with itemize and
> enumerate.
>
> How can I do that?

Where do you define this environment?  In a custom style file?  In
that case, you should write your own .el style file (see
https://gnu.org/software/auctex/manual/auctex.html#Style-Files for
more information) and add

    (LaTeX-add-environments '("YOURENVIRONMENT" LaTeX-env-item))

inside the style hook.  Replace "YOURENVIRONMENT" with your
environment name (case sensitive, with quotes).

Bye,
Mosè