Re: [AUCTeX] auctex Digest, Vol 129, Issue 18: Setup for new PDF-Tools

From: Mosè Giordano
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] auctex Digest, Vol 129, Issue 18: Setup for new PDF-Tools
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2015 23:03:32 +0100

Ciao Andrea,

> I also use pdf-tools as pdf viewer with auctex, and the auto refresh of
> the viewer buffer works (with auctex 11.89) but only with LaTeX, not
> with ConTeXt.
>
> I checked that TeX-after-TeX-LaTeX-command-finished-hook is not used
> with ConTeXt-mode.
>
> I have changed the function TeX-ConTeXt-sentinel in context.el adding at
> the end
>
> (unless TeX-error-list
>     (run-hook-with-args 'TeX-after-TeX-LaTeX-command-finished-hook
>                         (with-current-buffer TeX-command-buffer
>                           (expand-file-name
>                            (TeX-active-master (TeX-output-extension))))))
>
> and now the auto refresh works also in ConTeXt.
>
> There is a better way to enable the auto refresh for ConTeXt?
>
> It is possible to include in AUCTeX the auto refresh feature also for
> ConTeXt?

Makes sense to me, but I'm not sure about the name of the hook,
whether we should have a different hook for each sentinel (it may
cause code duplication on users' side but they have more control on
what to run after running a certain command) or a single hook for
every sentinel, but in this case we should change the name making it
more general.  I'm inclined toward the first option.  Tassilo, what do
you think?

Bye,
Mosè