Re: [AUCTeX] PDF2DSC sentinel: Wrong type argument: arrayp, nil

From: Arash Esbati
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] PDF2DSC sentinel: Wrong type argument: arrayp, nil
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2015 22:11:11 +0100

José Carlos Santos <address@hidden> writes:

> On 25-11-2015 1:53, David Kastrup wrote:
>
>>> No. :-( I use the 64 bit version of Ghostscript and it looks like
>>> preview.el only works with 32 bit Ghostscript.
>>
>> All of the respective executable names can be customized (by the way:
>> what kind of stupid idea is it to put the architecture in the executable
>> name?).
>
> I am not sure to have understood you. Do you mean that I may change
> some file on my machine in such a way that preview works with
> gswin64c.exe instead of gswin32c.exe?

For testing, you could put

(setq preview-gs-command
      (executable-find "gswin64c.exe"))

in your `.emacs' if you have "gswin64c.exe" in your PATH or something
like

(setq preview-gs-command
      (expand-file-name
       "C:\\Program Files\\gs\\gs9.18\\bin\\gswin64c.exe"))

if not and see if it works.  You could even put them in your .tex file
and eval them and then use customize to put the final result in your
.emacs.

(setq preview-gs-command
      (executable-find "gswin64c.exe"))
 ;; Cursor pos., eval w/ `C-x C-e'     ^