Re: [AUCTeX] [Maxima-discuss] Maxima within LaTeX

From: Robert Dodier
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] [Maxima-discuss] Maxima within LaTeX
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2016 20:31:09 +0000 (UTC)

On 2016-03-08, address@hidden <address@hidden> wrote:

> The question is: to whom should I ask? I don't want to bother people
> who need to focus on other things. If I ask to multiple parties, do I
> have to let everyone know about it (put every mailing list in the
> thread?). And finally, do you have the time for this or is it better to
> just stick to my yanking (copy-paste) activities? Thanks in advance.

It makes sense to me to post any Maxima-related questions on this
mailing list, even if Maxima is only part of the picture. As ever,
there's no guarantee that anyone will be able to answer, but that's
nothing new.

As to combining Maxima and LaTeX, one way to do that which might be
suitable for your purposes is to use Jupyter (formerly IPython) which
presents a notebook interface. I've devised a Maxima kernel (i.e.
backend) for Jupyter and I believe it might be easier to get that
working that to put together the entire tool chain. Maybe you've
already considered that, if so, sorry for the noise. In case it's
relevant, see: https://github.com/robert-dodier/maxima-jupyter

best

Robert Dodier