Re: [AUCTeX] correction - Re: AUCTeX in Debian

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] correction - Re: AUCTeX in Debian
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2016 12:23:13 +0200

"Janusz S. Bien" <address@hidden> writes:

>> That's strange.  Could you please start a new emacs instance, do M-x
>> toggle-debug-on-error, and then open a tex file so that you get this
>> error?  This will open a *backtrace* buffer on errer whose contents
>> you can post here.
>>
>> And could you also please do M-x list-load-path-shadows RET and post the
>> results?

Thanks.  From the backtrace I can see that at least see that the style
files from the ELPA version are used but somehow `TeX-auto-add-type'
which is defined in tex.el isn't there.  No clue how that can be.

Do you have any (load ...) or (require ...) statements in your auctex
config.  If so, remove them.  When using the ELPA package, nothing is
needed.

Bye,
Tassilo

PS: I vaguely remember we've had a user with this error already.  If you
have some time, you might want to search the archives of this list.