Re: [AUCTeX] minor issue of fontification if \begin{verbatim}foo

From: jfbu
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] minor issue of fontification if \begin{verbatim}foo
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2016 19:46:59 +0200

Le 18 sept. 2016 à 19:33, Tassilo Horn <address@hidden> a écrit :

> jfbu <address@hidden> writes:
>
> Hi Jean-Francois,
>
>>> Good catch.  I've pushed a fix just now.  Let me know if it works (or
>>> exhibits problems in other situations).
>>
>> Sorry for the delay. I confirm the commit fixes it, but my test file
>> also had
>>
>> \begin{verbatim}XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX\end{verbatim}
>>
>> and this confuses the fontifying.
>
> Argh, you are a hard opponent.  But I think my latest commit fixes this,
> too, namely I don't require that the \end{env} is on its own line with
> at most whitespace in front of it anymore.  I hope it doesn't have any
> negative consequences, though.  Well, and if it has, I guess _you_ will
> tell me. :-)

Good work ! not seen negative consequences so far ...

>> You said to exhibit problems ! ;-)
>
> Keep it going, I'm at the top of the font-latex game! ;-)

I have been thinking about putting now the \end{verbatim}
_before_ the \begin{verbatim} but you are a lucky guy as
LaTeX does not like that ;-)

By the way, could there be a way to have a fontifying like
in verbatim but at the same time not have restriction on
what one can do with fill-paragraph etc.., i.e. it could
reflow like standard LaTeX code is allowed too ?

Indeed I have a context where I have an environment
where I write LaTeX code which gets executed and also
verbatim-printed. So far I turned off verbatim fontification
for this environment, but it would be nice to have it
nevertheless distinguished form the rest of the code

(don't know if this is clear)

Best,

Jean-Francois