Re: [AUCTeX] [RFC] Do not distribute a package for Windows

From: Mosè Giordano
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] [RFC] Do not distribute a package for Windows
Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2017 19:19:08 +0100

Hi Arash,

> I suggest that we also
> emphasize more in the official documentation that ELPA is the preferred
> way to go.  WDYT?

The installation section of the manual starts with

    The simplest way of installing AUCTeX is by using the Emacs package manager
    integrated in Emacs 24 and greater (ELPA).

and the description of the process takes more or less one other line.
It looks pretty clear to me, but this isn't probably sufficient, since
sometimes I see people in trouble trying to compile the package from
source.  If you have ideas on how to improve it, please go ahead.

Bye,
Mosè