Re: [AUCTeX] AUCTeX has a logo!

From: Mosè Giordano
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] AUCTeX has a logo!
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2017 16:48:28 +0100

Hi Arash,

sorry for not getting back to you earlier, sometimes I miss some
messages to reply to.

Regarding the position of the logo, I like that currently its
background color is different from the surrounding color (which is
recalled, instead, by the text color).  With your proposal the
background color of the logo would be much closer to the surrounding,
which would make it less visible, IMHO.

> Arash Esbati <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Glad you mentioned it, was also next on my list ;-)  I think nowadays
>> mere screenshots doesn't fit the bill anymore -- how about captured gifs
>> from Emacs/AUCTeX?
>
> Following up myself, my idea would be to create small .gif's for
> different features instead of screenshots.  Example is attached for new
> &-counting feature in tables.
>
> What do others think?

Many AUCTeX's features are very much related to interactivity, so an
animation would serve well the goal of showing off the power of this
editor.  The only thing I don't like in your gif is that it's too
fast, it's difficult to see what's happening, but I guess you
can easily fix this.

In any case, I'd be really happy to see contributions also from
non-developers, so they can give back to the project ;-)

Bye,
Mosè