Re: [AUCTeX] Japanese LaTeX classes not recognized

From: jfbu
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Japanese LaTeX classes not recognized
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2017 17:59:32 +0100

(re-posting this message never seemed to have made it to the list)

Hi Arash,

thanks for looking into this, as I will not be able to
tell more until tomorrow let me just say about

Le 15 janv. 2017 à 17:57, Arash Esbati <address@hidden> a écrit :

> I saved this as testmendex.tex,

> \documentclass{jsbook}
> \begin{document}
> if only I spoke Japanese!
> \end{document}
>
> %%% Local Variables:
> %%% mode: japanese-latex
> %%% TeX-master: t
> %%% End:
>
> restarted Emacs, did `M-x dired RET', point on file, `RET' and I cannot
> reproduce the error.

that following exactly the same steps ends up in the error I reported
earlier.

and regarding

> ... My last idea would be that you have touched one of the
> variables mentioned in documentation as obsolete and AUCTeX gets upset
> about it:

> The former customize options japanese-TeX-command-default and
> japanese-LaTeX-command-default are obsolete.  Use
> japanese-TeX-engine-default instead.  If you need to customize the
> executable file name such as ‘"latex"’, the options for them, or both,
> customize TeX-engine-alist.
>
> Also, the option japanese-TeX-command-list is considered as
> semi-obsolete. It still functions as before, but in theory, it is not
> required anymore in normal use.
>
> Sorry if the answer is not satisfactory.

I will check, but I am sure I never configured anything Japanese
knowingly in my Emacs !!

but fwiw my built is a Japanese built, I mention it only to get
everyone more confused:

https://github.com/railwaycat/homebrew-emacsmacport/releases/tag/emacs-25.1-mac-6.1
https://bitbucket.org/mituharu/emacs-mac/overview
Mitsuharu Yamamoto  committed 892fa7b
2016-10-30

Apologies as I can't go more into this today until tomorrow,

Best wishes

Jean-François