Re: [AUCTeX] AUCTeX 11.90 released

From: Mosè Giordano
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] AUCTeX 11.90 released
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2017 17:55:05 +0100

Hi Tassilo,

> "Janusz S. Bien" <address@hidden> writes:
>
> Hi!

>> What about translating the manual or a tutorial?
>
> With respect to the manual, there'd be the same problem, i.e., it would
> be hard to keep up-to-date given that we probably don't have too many
> Spanish speaking contributors who would regularly update the
> translation.  And the manual is huge.

I completely agree on this.  I'd discourage translating the manual
because it's hard to maintain in the long run.

> But a non-official tutorials (in any language) just showcasing the most
> important AUCTeX features and instructions on how to get started would
> be most welcome.  I mean, everybody knows that a tutorial/blog post on
> the internet which is more than a year old might not match exactly to
> the current version of the software.

I continued the discussion with Antonio privately and I suggested him
to translate the AUCTeX reference card, which has just two very packed
pages and is less likely to change over time.

Bye,
Mosè