Re: [AUCTeX] (LaTeX-bibitem-list) returns nil.

From: Mosè Giordano
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] (LaTeX-bibitem-list) returns nil.
Date: Mon, 1 May 2017 12:16:53 +0200

Hi Shiyao,

sorry for the late reply.

> Hi Mose,
>
> I installed RefTex but I am not accustomed to the way it works.

What do you refer to?  If you plug RefTeX into AUCTeX, it acts as a
backend, you still continue to use the same AUCTeX interface to manage
bibliography.

> I am in the middle of writing a completion plugin for bibs.
>
>   (setq TeX-auto-save t)
>   (setq TeX-parse-self t)
> are all enabled.
>
> I wonder what else should be made so that  (LaTeX-bibitem-list) correctly
> returns all the bibitems.

Where is the bibliography file located?  Do you have an autogenerated
file for it?  If the file is in the same directory as the main TeX
file, you just need to edit the file (no actual edit, saving the file
will trigger parsing of the file).  Please note that due to a
long-standing issue in AUCTeX, the bibliography file should not have
the same base name as the TeX files.

Bye,
Mosè