Re: [AUCTeX] Customize tex-ispell.el

From: Thorsten Grothe
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Customize tex-ispell.el
Date: Mon, 01 May 2017 17:35:54 +0200

Hi Arash,

* Arash Esbati: 30.04.2017 (12:00):

(...)
> Your message says that Emacs is looking for a function with the same
> name, which is not defined.  Check your configuration if you have
> somewhere:
>
>     (ispell-tex-skip-alist ...
>
> Note the opening parenthesis.

no, I do not, I thought that this:

(eval-after-load "tex-ispell"
  '(progn
(TeX-ispell-skip-setcar ...

would be the way to solve the issue.

> How do you define
> your new environment?  If you're using

I defined it like so:

\newmdenv[linewidth=2pt,roundcorner=10pt,frametitlerule=true,
frametitlebackgroundcolor=DarkGreen!45,linecolor=DarkGreen!35,backgroundcolor=gray!5,
frametitlerulecolor=DarkGreen!35,frametitlerulewidth=2pt]{kasten}

and used

\begin[bla]{kasten
\end{kasten}

this works for my tex documents and LaTeX runs through without any error
message.

The other thing is that I made a couple of settings in a personal sty
file, the env kasten too.

In the main document I loaded it with \usepackage, this works without
problems. I tried "TeX-auto-generate" for my personal sty file but this
does not help.

> put this in your init file:
>
>     (setq TeX-parse-self t)

this is in my init since years :-)

It's definitely the new environment kasten what makes problems. I
replaced it with \begin{mdframed} and the error vanishes. I tried this

\newenvironment{kasten}[1]
  {\mdfsetup{
    frametitle={\colorbox{white}{\space#1\space}},
    innertopmargin=10pt,
    frametitleaboveskip=-\ht\strutbox,
    frametitlealignment=\center
    }
  \begin{mdframed}%
  }
  {\end{mdframed}}

and put it in my personal sty file in texmf and ------ it works without
problems. I spellchecked the whole document with no issue. So I guess it
has something to do with my environment definition, strange.

> `ispell-tex-skip-alists', you should have an entry like:
>
>     ("kasten" ispell-tex-arg-end 0)

tried this too, same effect :-) the old env causes the error, the new
env works fine...

Regards

Thorsten Grothe