[AUCTeX] TeX-clean in multifile document

From: Greg Bognar
Subject: [AUCTeX] TeX-clean in multifile document
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2018 19:16:30 +0100

Hi,

Say you are working on a multifile document with file1.tex, file2.tex, etc, and
with the master file masterfile.tex.  It's handy to clean up the generated files
with TeX-clean.  However, TeX-clean will only delete files which have the base
name of the master file, i.e., masterfile.*.  But TeX also generates .aux files
for file1.tex, file2.tex, etc., and these are not deleted.  Is there a way to
have TeX-clean delete these files as well?  Or is there any reason this would
not be a good idea?

(I tried putting "*\\.aux" in TeX-clean-default-intermediate-suffixes list of
extensions, but it didn't work.)

This is mostly a matter of convenience, but I'm curious if it's possible.

All the best,
Greg