Re: [AUCTeX] [Bug] No install target for latex-flymake

From: Alex Branham
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] [Bug] No install target for latex-flymake
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2018 09:26:33 -0600

On Fri 23 Feb 2018 at 05:38, Arash Esbati <address@hidden> wrote:

> Vladimir Lomov <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> ** Arash Esbati [2018-02-20 21:23:35 +0100]:
>
> @Alex: Can you please have look at the patch provided by Vladimir
> here[1] and advise how to proceed?  Thanks.

The documentation is correct, I think. All users need to do now is to do
M-x flymake-mode. This patch disables adding the backend that flymake
needs, so users would need to do (LaTeX-setup-flymake-backend) and then
(flymake-mode), in that order. That seems annoying to me.

Probably a better solution would be to see how this is breaking
Vladimir's config. What exactly breaks?

> I suggest we close this thread and reply to Vladimir's message in
> auctex-devel.

Happy to do so if someone would cc me :-)