Re: [AUCTeX] Reftex extra keybindings

From: Arash Esbati
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Reftex extra keybindings
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2018 20:38:49 +0200

Waleed Yousef <address@hidden> writes:

> Arash Esbati <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> I don't use and know `use-package', but the following old fashioned way
>> works for me:
>>
>>     (setq reftex-extra-bindings t)
>>     (require 'reftex)
>>     (add-hook 'LaTeX-mode-hook #'turn-on-reftex)
>>     (setq reftex-plug-into-AUCTeX t)
>
> I commented out my use-package def. and used your four lines. When, I
> use, e.g., the keybinding  C-c s (to search a document) it gives me: C-c
> s is undefined!

Then I think you have to debug this issue.  Again, I presume there is a
(require 'reftex) line somewhere in your configuration (.emacs or
site-start.el and such) when Emacs starts.  You can check this by
starting Emacs from a shell with

    emacs -q &

(-q key means load neither ~/.emacs nor default.el) and eval this line
in scratch buffer, i.e. put the cursor after ")" and hit `C-x C-e':

    (featurep 'reftex)

If you see t in the minibuffer, then RefTeX is already loaded and the
line

    (setq reftex-extra-bindings t)

has no effect.

Best, Arash