[AUCTeX] Carets and underscores become red occasionally in math mode .

From: Kourosh Kalayeh
Subject: [AUCTeX] Carets and underscores become red occasionally in math mode .
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2018 15:26:05 -0400

Hi all,

I have a minor question regarding the syntax highlighting in math mode that has been bugging me for a while. I was wondering if anyone can help me with that. Here it is,
AUCTeX sometimes color the caret (^) and the underscore (_) red in math mode (which should normally be orange). I could not find the reason of this behavior. For example look at the attached two screenshots, they are both from one document, in one of them everything is orange, and in the other one the caret and underscore signs are red.
I use “align” environment for my equations.

Thanks,
Kourosh