audio-video

[Audio-video] GUADEC 2013 videos posted on a freedom-respecting resource

From: J.B. Nicholson-Owens
Subject: [Audio-video] GUADEC 2013 videos posted on a freedom-respecting resource?
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2013 12:43:01 -0500

I found the GUADEC 2013 videos at the following URL

http://www.superlectures.com/guadec2013/the-future-of-gnome-3

As far as I know these videos aren't posted anywhere else.

However this site requires that the user run JavaScript to get to the WebM-encoded copies of the videos. This is neither technically necessary and not good for more important software freedom reasons I doubt I'd have to go into here.

Could these WebM-encoded copies be hosted somewhere that doesn't require JavaScript at all? Perhaps a simple directory of such videos like Debian does for their Debconf meetings? Perhaps posting them to archive.org which will host the videos gratis and do so in a way that allows anyone to download or link directly to the videos?

If I'm asking the wrong group, please understand I wasn't sure where to post such about this issue; this mailing list concerns itself with audio/video issues and is a part of the GNU Project as is GNOME, the subject of GUADEC. I'd appreciate a pointer to where I should ask these questions instead.

Thanks.