autoconf-archive-maintainers

Re: suggested workflow for macro testing?

From: Francesco Salvestrini
Subject: Re: suggested workflow for macro testing?
Date: Sun, 2 Aug 2009 18:04:51 +0200

Hi Filippo,

On Saturday 01 August 2009, Filippo Giunchedi wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm in the process of creating new macros (the save/restore flags ones) and
> I would like to know if you have any workflow to test results from autoconf
> macros with high turnaround (e.g. interactively like m4 -i).
> Just creating a dummy configure.ac might do the trick though, what do you
> recommend?

A regression test suite would be a good enhancement, I thought about it more
than once in the past.

Asking for a 'make check' in users environment would ease the bug tracking for
a lot of macros too.

Have a good day,
Francesco

--
People never lie so much as after a hunt, during a war, or before an election.
                -- Otto Von Bismarck