autoconf-archive-maintainers

Re: shell quote bug in ax_boost_base

From: Peter Simons
Subject: Re: shell quote bug in ax_boost_base
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2010 18:49:38 +0200

Hi Jaap,

thank you very much for submitting those extensive patches. They are
applied to the repository now.

I noticed one thing in ax_boost_base.m4:

    if test "$(uname -m)" = "x86_64"; then [...]

The $(...) syntax for running sub-shells is fairly portable, but there
are old implementations of /bin/sh in use today that don't understand
it, for instance on Solaris. To avoid any problems, I have added another
patch that changes the code in the macro. I hope I didn't screw anything
up. :-)

Take care,
Peter