autoconf-archive-maintainers

[patch #7556] ax_c_check_flag not needed anymore?

From: Maarten Bosmans
Subject: [patch #7556] ax_c_check_flag not needed anymore?
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2011 08:48:36 +0000

Follow-up Comment #2, patch #7556 (project autoconf-archive):

I posted this bug report a bit to early. After some more digging in the macros
it appears that there are a lot of macros that can be obsoleted. I think you
can regard my series of emails as superseeding this bug report and put the
patch on hold for now.

We need to view all the patches holisticly and come to a solution. The same
issue is for the CXX, CPP, CPPCXX and LD variant of this macro. As I noted in
the mail to the list, these macros have a subtle difference with
AX_CHECK_COMPILER_FLAGS in that they do not test the given flag in addition to
the standard CFLAGS, but try to compile the test program with only the given
flag. (I only discovered that after opening this bug report)

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/patch/?7556>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/