autoconf-archive-maintainers

Re: Merge autoconf-archive into gnulib?

From: Reuben Thomas
Subject: Re: Merge autoconf-archive into gnulib?
Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2011 21:51:49 +0100

On 5 September 2011 00:43, Bruno Haible <address@hidden> wrote:
>    gnulib has no macro for linking with libncurses, because different
>    programs have different expectations regarding what they expect
>    from the curses library.

As the maintainer of AX_WITH_CURSES macro (note, not ncurses), I am
interested by this comment: in particular, what configuration tasks
might one do vis-à-vis curses that would NOT be assisted by
AX_WITH_CURSES? I agree that AX_WITH_CURSES doesn't do everything one
might want (I see that there is now ax_with_curses_extra, which
provides macros to find panel, menu and form libraries), but it uses
AX_WITH_CURSES, which after all performs the basic, but necessary,
steps of finding a working curses library, and discovering what
flavour (curses, ncurses, ncursesw) it is.

--
http://rrt.sc3d.org