autoconf-archive-maintainers

Re: AX_PREFIX_CONFIG_H break distclean

From: guidod-2011-
Subject: Re: AX_PREFIX_CONFIG_H break distclean
Date: Sun, 20 May 2012 15:35:44 +0200

Am 22.04.2012 14:01, schrieb Peter Simons:
> Hi Bastien,
>
>  > On Fri, Jan 13, 2012 at 2:41 PM, Bastien ROUCARIES <address@hidden> wrote:
>  >
>  >> AX_PREFIX_CONFIG_H without any hack break dist-clean
>  >>
>  >> I should use a Makefile.am snippet like this
>  >>
>  >> distclean-local: distclean-ax-prefix-config-h
>  >> distclean-ax-prefix-config-h:
>  >>        -rm -f _configs.sed opencernlibminuit-config.h
>  >>
>  >> Please create by default this snippet
>  >
>  > Ping ?
>
> I believe that Guido no longer maintains these macros. If you have a
> patch that remedies the issue you're mentioning above, however, you
> could open a ticket at
>
>   https://savannah.gnu.org/projects/autoconf-archive/
>
> and we'll try to update the macro accordingly.

I am very sorry that I can not handle these requests adequatly
for I have too little time. The prefix-config macro is one of
the important ones that I do personally care about. I still
wonder that it has not been added the Autoconf core macro set
as writing a shared library without it just unpleasant I think.

I any case, I do not have an idea how to get a distclean part from
an autoconf macro extension into automake in a kind of standard
fasion. May be one needs to discuss this further but that's
where my problem come in - no time for that.

I could look into that in, well, may be July but it would be
very helpful if someone else could take over the task to
maintain the macro and to answer questions profoundly. That's
the same for all the other macros that I had once developed.

Best regards, Guido