autoconf-archive-maintainers

[patch #7966] Do not depend on "locate" in AX_PYTHON

From: Daniel Müllner
Subject: [patch #7966] Do not depend on "locate" in AX_PYTHON
Date: Sat, 09 Mar 2013 00:15:39 +0000

             Assigned to: None
        Originator Email:
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any

Details:

The macro AX_PYTHON depends on the “locate” command to determine the
directory with the Python header files. I maintain a server where this tool is
not installed. As a better alternative, I propose to obtain this information
from Python's own “distutils” module. The distutils are used anyway
several times in the Python-related macros in the Autoconf archive, so that
this really gets rid of a dependency and does not generate a new one. See the
attached file for the suggested patch.

File Attachments:

Date: Sat 09 Mar 2013 12:15:37 AM GMT  Name: ax_python.m4  Size: 4kB   By:
muellner