[Autoconf] Failed tests on Solaris-2.5/Sparc

From: Bernard Dautrevaux
Subject: [Autoconf] Failed tests on Solaris-2.5/Sparc
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2000 11:35:43 +0200

Hi all,

        I'm in the process of installing all teh auto-tools on my machines
and while installing on Sparc/Solaris-2.5 I get two failed tests:

        One is the autoupdate test that failed on ix86/Solaris-7 due to
deficiencies in Sun's sed; I'll install gnu sed here also :-)

        The other one is the test for macro AC_FUNC_STRTOD; in fact the
macro runs OK saying that 'strtod()' is broken on this machine and that
'pow()' is in libm.a (I don't know why we test for pow() if strtod is broken
but anyway...). The problem is that as pow is in libm, this test adds
"POW_LIB=-lm" in the environment, and then the test fails ;-(

I'm not understanding enough the inner workings of all this AT_TEST_MACRO
testing framework, but I don't understand why adding things in th
eenvironment is flagged as an error.

I'm not too worried about that, except that it trigger error warnings and
prevents installing autoconf in my automated rebuilds :-)

Thanks anyway for the good job!

        Bernard

Bernard Dautrevaux
Microprocess Ingenierie